Free UK Sweet’s Syndrome Support Groups & Forum (you don’t have to be from the UK to join).
1. Sweet’s Syndrome UK HealthUnlocked online community & forum. This online community and forum is available in English, Spanish (español), and Portuguese (língua Portuguesa) languages, and is ideal for those who wish to remain completely anonymous. Simply sign up to join.
2. Sweet’s Syndrome UK Facebook group (this is a closed or private group). This group offers support and advice to those with Sweet’s syndrome, and their friends and family. There are also free full-text medical case-studies that you can download. Simply request to join.
3. Sweet’s Syndrome UK Facebook page. This is a Facebook community page that you can follow to access information about Sweet’s syndrome, free full-text medical case-studies and articles, and the latest news.
Free Support Group in Australia.
Sweet’s Syndrome Australia Facebook group (closed group). Simply request to join.
Free Support Group in Belgium (la Belgique).
Syndrome de sweet qui est atteint? (open Facebook group – all posts are public). This is a french-speaking support group based in Belgium. Simply request to join.
Free Support Group in Denmark (Danmark).
Websites & Groups Offering Emotional Support.
1. MIND support groups, UK. This is a UK charity that helps those with mental health problems, and promotes better health. The services that MIND offers includes supported housing, crisis helplines, drop-in centres, employment and training schemes, counselling and befriending.
2. Skin Support (BAD), UK. This is a British Association of Dermatologists website that offers support to people in psychological distress as a result of their skin conditions. You may find the ‘Emotional Support’ section incredibly useful. Simply complete the questionnaire in this section to see what kind of support you might benefit from.
Other Free Groups.
1. The Autoinflammatory Alliance Facebook group, US (closed group. Accepts members from all countries). This San Francisco-based group provides advice and support to those with autoinflammatory conditions, both inside and outside of the US. A lot of the members have children with autoinflammatory conditions, so this group may be beneficial to parents of children with Sweet’s syndrome. Simply request to join.
2. MDS UK patient support group. This is a useful UK group for those who have developed Sweet’s syndrome secondary to a group of blood disorders called myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS). You will need to register to join their forum.
3. National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS) HealthUnlocked online community & forum (UK-based, but accepts members from all countries). This community exists to help those who have rheumatoid arthritis or other forms of inflammatory arthritis. It may be useful to those who have developed arthritis as a symptom of their Sweet’s syndrome, or have developed their Sweet’s syndrome secondary to an autoimmune condition that has affected their joints. This community is available in English, Spanish (español), and Portuguese (língua Portuguesa) languages, and is ideal for those who wish to remain completely anonymous. Simply sign up to join.
4. Arthur’s Place, UK (accepts members from most countries). This is an online community for those who have arthritis. It is mainly aimed at 18-35 year olds, but does accept those who are older. You will need to register to join.
🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝 🐝